About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Friday, June 5, 2009

New Car

Sunday, May 31, Brad and I were going over our budget and getting irritated at our gas bill of $800 a month due to his gas-guzzling, repairs needed, uncomfortable, Dodge that he uses to carpool 5 days (sometimes more) a week over 100 miles round trip. On a whim we went to a dealer to see if getting into a car with warranty and good gas mileage is even a thought that we could continue to entertain and let me tell you... God really smiled on us that day! For the first time in our lives, we made an impulsive decision that worked! Being that it was a brand new 2008 still sitting on the lot and the last day of the month... not to mention, they give military discounts... we drove away in Brad's new commuter car! The money we save in gas will pay the car note... yep... it's THAT low... or we'll save THAT much... however you look at it, it's a long-awaited blessing! Good things really do come to those who wait! Praise God!
Oh, to continue in my Praises to my Savior... I booked a wedding! I'll have my first PAID GIG June 27, 2009! Keep me in your prayers that I am able to bless their family and mine at the same time!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Nice wheels there Brad!!! Amanda you still amaze me in your faith and attitude of life

debby said...

Sweet ride!

Congratulations on your paying gig, Mandy! You go, Girl!

Jilleneangel said...

I had no idea you guys got a new car! Good job!

Me and Mine said...

Awesome! I know you'll do great at your "paid gig". Don't stress. It's all about confidance and making every moment a special one.