About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Long Overdue Update

In January I began a new Bible study by Beth Moore, called "Esther: It's Tough Being A Woman." I've posted blogs each week that our group has met sharing highlights of the video sessions and what stood out to me most so that I may be reminded to use it in my daily life.

Also in January, my sister, Lauren (my step sister, not to confuse anyone), called from Hawaii and wanted to move back to Cali (back with us).  After much prayer and thought, we accepted.  She arrived Sunday, Jan. 31 but her stay with us only lasted a mere 43 hours before she left to visit friends in Big Bear.  Two weeks to the day she left for Big Bear she broke my heart when she told me she had decided to stay with said friends.  I'm in prayer for her every day.  (Obviously there's more to the story, just please pray for her with me if you feel so inclined)

February has been brutal on my emotions, gentle on my spirit and genourous on our finances.  The way God works never ceases to amaze me and I am more grateful with each passing day that I've found salvation at the cross!

Valentine's Day was busy!  Hayden woke up with a fever and after taking him to Urgent Care, we found out he had bronchitis.  Seth also went to Urgent Care with a fever but his was due to an ear infection (sorry, no pics of Seth)  Hayden wanted his breakfast in bed (cinnamon cream cheese toast, apple Gerber Puffs & veggie Gerber Puffs)
The binky is and has been our toughest battle, but since he's overtaken with fever (see how red his little face is?) we let him use the LAST ONE!  It was given to us as a joke from a friend around Halloween, rofl!
Since half of us (yes, even Brad) was sick, we well ones (Tristen, Garrett and I) made Cherry Chip cake (dessert) and apple cinnamon pancakes (breakfast) for Valentine's Day.
"AP" strikes again! 
While standing on a stool, much too close to the frying pan, watching me flip the pancakes, Hayden (our little accident prone one) lost his balance and leaned over with his arm outstretched to brace himself on the rim of the hot pan and burned his elbow!  Now he'll have scars on both arms! : (
*Before you get too excited, this is NOT my test!  Congratulations to Nanny Roz who is having her own baby now!
I rarely post pics of me on here so... well... here you go!
My older sister, Bonnie and I were never really as close as my younger sister, April and I were growing up.  Even into adulthood, we just never really bonded. But by becoming a mother, Bonnie and I have found our common ground... our sons.  She texts weekly with photos (this one being the most recent), calls for advise or just to share experiences and I am in love with our blossoming relationship!  I just wanted to add that to this very randomly written blog.  Ryder Wayne is such a doll!
I've continued to keep busy with crafts and sewing. 
I made this ruffled scarf out of a remnant piece of fleece I picked up for $2.46  I thought it went perfectly with my new coat and the color was in sync with the month of love.
 
Roz asked me to make her a bow tie necklace for a special occasion.
In preparation for converting my spare room (overtaken with crafting, sewing & workout stuff) in to a room Lauren could be comfortable in, I made this bedspread, dust ruffle and matching curtains for the twin bed our wonderful neighbors (who are moving) were getting rid of and GAVE to us!  (Isn't God great!?  He always privdes!) so Lauren wouldn't have to sleep on the couch.  However, since the room will once again have no occupants, I'll take my time completing the set (matching pillow cases and accents) for upcoming guests.  I just wanted to post my accomplishment so far. 
There are three pregnant women in my Bible study group and we are adding items to a basket for them, I made these bibs and burp cloths as my contribution to one having a boy.
Another friend's daughter invited the boys to her birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's and I was informed that she was going to Disneyland the following week and could use a place to put all the things she bought with her birthday money so I whipped up this Tinkerbell (her favorite) bag and stuck $15.00 in it!
I also made this oversized shirt (a dress for some) out of a remnant I got for only $1.59 and a scrap piece I had lying around, with NO PATTERN! 
 
I'm currently working on bibs and burp cloths for the two ladies in my Bible study group who are having baby girls to add to their baskets and disinfecting this house of mine while nursing the sick ones back to health.  In love...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice room ! you did a grate job looks store bought. Bonnie's son is so cute. Emily had that same binky.
DB

Ash said...

busy, busy woman! Loved all the pictures. Love the scarf and the bedroom stuff you're making. You are awesome :)

Jena said...

Wow! What talent. Is there anything you can't do??????