About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

You know those people who like to pick up a book, flip to the last chapter and read to see if they like the ending well enough to read the whole story? Well, I am NOT one of those people. That is why I was so deflated upon the completion of The Time Traveler's Wife. I was struggling to finish the book and couldn't quite put my finger on why until I turned the last page to perceive that the story was in fact over. I was really enjoying the ebb and flow of the way the story was written until they revealed the ending right smack dab in the middle of the book! The remaining pages were just a long, drawn out, detailed description of how the inevitable happens. If I wanted to know the ending and still waist my time reading the story I would've turned to the last chapter first. Maybe THIS would've been one to watch on the big screen first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope the movie isnt that way !

Jena said...

I hate it when a book is a disappointment (you have so much time invested in it). Maybe the movie won't be that way. On a rare occassion, the movie is better than the book, maybe this is the case.