About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Big Suprize!

I let my Mom think all I made her for Christmas was a bookmark... but her's & Jim's real gift was this Grandchildren's Quilt!
-FRONT-
-BACK-

I couldn't make the quilt and have it ready to give when I went to Texas and divied out homemade gifts to everyone because little Ryder had to be on it!

Ever since Mom & I saw Stepmom (with Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon), I've wanted to make a quilt of photos. Christmas 2008 I received a sewing machine from my mom and I promised her I'd make a quilt of her grandkids for her, well, sorry it took me a year but now all SEVEN of your grandkids are on it!

I mailed it to Michigan where Mom & Jim are spending Christmas (and the next few months) together. Christmas Day I got the tear-filled call thanking me for the treasured item, I'm so glad it made it in time, it was a bit of a rush job, but I think it turned out nicely!

I love making and giving gifts from the heart that are so perfectly fit for the receiver!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice gift ! You did a very nice job !!! glad your mother loved it .
Happy New Year !!!
db

Jena said...

How precious! Wow you are so talented. Quilting is one of the things that I have yet to learn (but so desire to learn - some day). Hey, I love the new look of your blog.