About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

a homemade non-Christmas gift

I think every home has a room in their house that is always the hottest in the Summer and stays coldest in the Winter no matter how the thermostat is set. Hayden's & Garrett's room is that room in our home. I decided to make a fleece comforter for the lower bed (Hayden's) since heat rises and Garrett has a loft bed that's positioned directly beneath the heater vent. Hayden is a SpongeBob finatic so when a friend of mine saw this fleece at a fabric store and sent me a picture message (and it was marked down significantly) I couldn't pass it up! I got the fabric Tuesday evening and completed the comforter and pillow cases Wednesday afternoon! Hayden slept in his room all night wrapped snuggly warm in his new SpongeBob "special blanket".
I love that kid!
I made it long enough on the sides so when he's bigger and we get a box spring for his
mattress it will still fit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you got all your sewing done . Nice job on the comforter. Did you tell the boys what pots & pans are for the top of the stove ? I made those with Emily on Monday.
db
have a good time this weekend .