About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Love & Respect {Dr. Emerson Eggerichs}

Dr. Emerson Eggerichs - Love & Repsect
Offered for review by Book Sneeze


{Synopsis}
Based upon Ephesians 5:33 and extensive biblical and psychological research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs reveals the power of unconditional love and unconditional respect and how husbands and wives can reap the benefits of marriage that God intended.


{My Review}
This book was astonishing!  My husband and I have been married for 12 years.  We've had our share of ups and downs, that's for sure, but with the help of this book (and others like it) we're finally beginning to understand each other better. (Not that I think we will ever fully understand each other, besides, that would be boring!)  There is a workbook that you can use as a tool to guide you and your spouse through the chapters and dive deeper into how each of you show and view love & respect.  However, this book is a fantastic read with or without the workbook to guide you.  It can be read by couples together to gain knowledge of one another, individuals looking to better understand their role in their marriage and what they themselves should be expecting or expressing, I would even recommend Love & Respect to engaged couples to get a head start or even singles who are looking for a complimentary companion to love or respect.  I've been through marriage counselling (during some of my earlier years, darker years) and I have to say, I learned more in this one book than I could've in years of therapy!  I give this book a FIVE STAR rating, without a doubt, read it and see for yourself!

2 comments:

Jena said...

Excellent book. I loved it too and was very surprised at how quickly the changes came once I started implementing them.

'Hi.' I've missed blogging and getting your comments. Thanks so much for all of them I really enjoy them. I've also missed keeping up with you blog. I'm playing catch up today. I really like the new look of your blog. Very professional.

UK said...

The Language of Love & Respect, Cracking the Communication Code With Your Mate by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is a must read for anyone in a relationship or someone struggling in their marriage. Its a great book and takes an in depth look at how men and women communicate differently. Because men and women are wired differently couples often blow up when they don't exactly understand what is being communicated. By the end of the book you will come to understand that every couple faces the problem of communicating and you will learn how to decode the languages they speak.