About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Monday, May 2, 2011

If I Stay & Where She Went {Book Reviews}

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices.  Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her.  Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left- the most important decision she'll ever make.
Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.

{My Review}

This book really brought my emotions to the surface as I tried to put myself in the position of Mia Hall.  I found myself wavering back and forth on whether I'd stay or go.  Thankfully, I do not believe the choice is ours, but the story sure made me contemplate the "what if" scenario of it all.  Written so eerily beautiful, I couldn't stop myself from yearning to learn what happened after she made her choice...  Apparently Gayle Foreman felt the same way and has now given us Where She Went...


It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

{My Review}

Being written from Adam's perspective was the best thing Foreman could've done for this sequel!  I absolutely love the poetic way he tells his story.  There's just something about when a man opens up and lets you in that drew me closer and closer to the end of this book.  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!  The passion, the anger, the betrayal, the love... it's all there!  I have now been left longing for the soundtrack: Collateral Damage  with interludes of Mia & her cello.

No comments: