About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stay {Deb Caletti}

Deb Caletti - Stay
Offered for review by Simon & Schuster
Available now through June 29,2011 (for free online review)

{Synopsis}
Clara’s relationship with Christian is intense from the start, and like nothing she’s ever experienced before. But what starts as devotion quickly becomes obsession, and it’s almost too late before Clara realizes how far gone Christian is--and what he’s willing to do to make her stay.
Now Clara has left the city—and Christian—behind. No one back home has any idea where she is, but she still struggles to shake off her fear. She knows Christian won’t let her go that easily, and that no matter how far she runs, it may not be far enough....

{My Review}
What a strangely beautiful story.  The poetically smooth flow of Caletti's words are hypnotic. I knew from the third page that I would be in love with this book.  It was my first Caletti novel and I do believe I will be reading more of her works in the future. 
There was a certain ebb and flow as the chapters alternate between past and present until finally merging into real time to complete the experience of Clara Oates.  A girl on the verge of womanhood, enters into an obsessive relationship but realizes only too late.  The guilt, the pain she lives with tears at her.  Being raised almost solely by her father, she reveals to him her secrets. With his guidance she is finally able to face her fears and find forgiveness, possibly even learn to love again.  This book was full of quote-able (a word, no?) lines.  The one that fits the overall story best (I think) is,
"You could care enough to keep a secret, but you could care enough to tell one too."
 Five stars for Stay.


No comments: