About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Melt-Down Monday {3 of 7}

 
I thought we'd jazz it up this week with a bit more than just the numbers and statistics...
{Amanda}
Whoa! I was so looking forward to this week being a tough one for me, knowing mother nature would be paying me a visit and all (TMI? It's natural, deal! ; } I had to) however, it was the opposite!  Instead of feeling bloated, fatigued and weighed down, I felt contracted, energetic and up lifted!  You may be asking yourself "why?" - - let me tell you!  I had my Wii (for the first time ever) tell me I was "overweight"!!!  I know, I know, it doesn't seem like something that would lift one's spirits... unless all these years I've been hearing it tell me I'm "obese" - - that's right folks - - I've crossed that threadshold!!  Such an exciting week for me! 

More on that story: Do you see the notches on this belt? How worn out and frayed? Notice the hole the buckle is currently in has been added so the belt would still fit?
Well, that is my belt, the one I've worn for years.  You can tell it has been with me through the ups and downs. (This is one of my new favorite views!)
 Well, I think it's finally time to say goodbye, old pal, for now you are too big for me!
{Diane}
So here we are on Day  17 and I keep waiting to be hungry on this diet... it STILL hasn't happened!  I have energy to burn and feel great! 
-ok, must insert funny story here-
This past week I was at the salon getting my hair colored and as they tend to do, my stylist began cahtting and trying to draw me ito a conversation.  It worked, we got to talking about dieting and I told her about the HCG diet that I'm on and of course, she proceeded to tell me how "unhealthy" it is.  I asked her if she'd ever read up on it and of course, she hadn't -rabit trail- anyways, she starts telling me some funny stories of clients & their diets and things she's heard over the years and the funniest thing was that she had some people come in and actually ask for fat free hair products!  FAT FREE!!  She had me rolling with laughter!!
-so, back to my week-
This week I did, however, hit a couple of rough spots where I had a gain and then loss and then gain and we (Amanda & I) finally figured out what was causing that -would you believe the ultrasound gel from physical therapy?! Aparently it's not fat free!  Bwahahaha!!! 
Anyhow, I'm looking forward to another great week and more weight loss!
Now for the numbers:
I, Amanda, am down another 5.2 pounds this week making that an over all weight loss of 37.2 pounds -- 12.3 just from this course of HCG!  

And Diane is down 2.7 pounds making that a total of 66.5 pounds lost -- 11.5 just from this course!! 

(whoa - together that's 103.7 pounds!  That's sobering.)

It's so wonderful to be able to get healthy for one's self and the ones we love with one that we love!

~ we just can't tell you all how much it means to us to have your support and encouragement, thanks very much ~

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so encouraged by your posts. I am going to keep tuning in and see how this turns out over time because it's definitely something I'd be interested in trying after we have our last baby!

Anonymous said...

im happy for u mandy
db

Diane said...

Just wanted to say thank you, Amanda for getting me to try this diet out. It WORKS! Each day I can't wait to see what the Wii will tell me! LOL
BTW, you look great! I am so very proud of you!

Mom

April Winder said...

So glad you guys are able to keep this diet thing going...I also worry about diets not being "healthy" and it's not so much dieting but more of a lifestyle change. That is what I struggle with. First, it's the eating healthy (That takes time to get used to and if you try to do it cold turkey, you WILL fall off the wagon!) Then there's the exercise (and let's face it, that takes some effort as well.) You gotta do aerobics to lose the weight and then you have flabby skin hanging from where you lost the weight, so then you start to work those muscles to get them "toned" and...you guessed it! You gain the weight back. Never ending cycle of stress for me personally. However, your stories inspire me and I plan to try eating healthier and exercising daily...even if it is only for 10 minutes at a time. I'll keep you posted! Proud of you guys!

Diane said...

To April:
Why don't you join us on the hCG diet? I seriously do not get hungry but plan my mini meals and eat them as scheduled. There is nothing "unhealthy" about what we are doing. You just have to be well informed on the hCG and know what it does. Read "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeon. It's ALOT of info but you'll need that info to understand all this.