About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Baby Hummingbirds {the final chapter}

I got all excited at the beginning of the month when I found a hummingbird nest on my wind chimes - then updated you all that "he" was a "she" and there were babies, not just eggs, in the nest... well, here's the final chapter of that story.  The babies have really grown! 

 They got so big they barely fit in the tiny little nest anymore.
 But they managed to find a way.
 Until one day...
 One of them flew away!
 But it didn't go very far - I found the tiny friend in the tree out front.
 And before I knew it, the other one followed the firsts lead!
 It was a miracle that I found them in the over grown tree, but they found each other with no problem!
 Mom came back to the nest to "move out" - she took some things and left some things.
 And now we have an empty nest.  But the family of hummingbirds can still be seen & heard in the tree.  What an awesome thing to be allowed to witness, another of God's wonders.
Thanks for following their story with me.

No comments: