About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Cynical Tongue {Day 14}


Day Fourteen - The Cynical Tongue
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful - Psalm 1:1

A person who is cynical scorns the motives of others.  Cynicism is like venom; it poisons the atmosphere wherever it is present.  Resorting to it will also poison your spirit and that of others.  Find one cynical employee, parishioner, or family member, and pretty soon those with weaker minds are chiming in and perpetuating the negative conversation.  It can wreak havoc on any relationship and in any environment.  Distancing oneself from a cynic is sometimes the best strategy for coping.
As you proceed on your tongue fast, really begin to observe your comments in various settings and determine if you are being cynical or scornful.  Retire from cynicism today.

Today's Affirmation:
I am blessed because I do not walk in the counsel of the ungodly nor stand in the way of sinners nor sit in the seat of the scornful.



No comments: