About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Waiting Place {Eileen Button}

Offered by Book Sneeze in exchange for a review.

{Synopsis}
A collection of essays describing the beauty and humor that can be found in what often feels like a most useless state-The Waiting Place.
We all spend precious time just waiting. We wait in traffic, grocery store lines, and carpool circles. We wait to grow up, for true love, and for our children to be born. We even wait to die. But amazing things can happen if we open our eyes in The Waiting Place and peer into its dusty corners. Sometimes relationships are built, faith is discovered, dreams are (slowly) realized, and our hearts are expanded.
With humor and heart-breaking candor, Eileen Button breathes life into stagnant and, at times, difficult spaces. Throughout this collection of essays she contends that The Waiting Place can be a most miraculous place-a place where beauty can be experienced, the sacred can be realized, and God can be found working in the midst of it all.

{My Review}
What a magical way to look at life from The Waiting Places!  By the fifth paragraph Button had me literally laughing aloud!  With each essay, each chapter brought something new to my mind, whether it be a memory or a thought of what the future holds.  I enjoyed turning these pages as I laughed and cried alongside Eileen and her family as she told her stories.  If you've ever found yourself stuck in a place where you were waiting for the next phase, this book will help you to put life into perspective; learn to live while you wait.  I was awed by this compilation of essays of Button's life, you will be too!  Pick up your copy in stores now!

As Eileen says, "To wait is human. To find life in The Waiting Place, divine."

No comments: