About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Nice Surprise

Can anyone relate when you hear me say, "I got another Mother's Day plant from my pre-schooler." with a sigh?  Am I the only one who dreads these things?  Please, please, let me explain!  I've never been able to get the seed to sprout and my child inevitably becomes sad, the bottom lip juts out, the eyes start to redden and puff up with moisture as I try to reason with them and explain why I'm throwing their precious gift in the garbage can.  Well, not this year!  I took two months but look!  Just look!  Do you see what I see?
 Here, take a closer look...
 Yep!  There it is!  It sprouted!  Hayden and I are so happy!
 First time EVER out of four kids and two years each of coming home with a seed they'd planted for me on Mother's Day.
I feel like SUPER WOMAN!  Look what it's become!!!

No comments: