About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Complaining Tongue { Day 23}


Day Twenty-Three - The Complaining Tongue
I cry aloud with my voice to the Lord; I make supplication with my voice to the Lord.  I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him - Psalm 142:1-2

A legitimate complaint can only be resolved if you direct it to the one who can change your situation.  Only a few people who are dissatisfied, annoyed, or upset by an experience actually take steps to officially complain about it.  They prefer to waste time soliciting others to commiserate with them.  What an exercise in utility.  Not only could their input to the right person improve things for them but for others as well. 
The psalmist did not bore, frustrate, or waste the time of others with his complaints.  He declares, I pour our my complaint before Him, the one who could bring change.  Notwithstanding, even God tires of constant complaints.  Someone once said, "To swear is wicked because it is taking God's name in vain.  To murmur is likewise wicked, for it takes God's promises in vain."  During your tongue fast become aware of how often you complain about nonessential matters such as a rainy day, traffic jams, boring television programs, lazy co-workers, and so on.
Because complaining is contagious, this is a hard mouth malady to cure.  If you are a complainer, you must start to resist the constant "ain't it awful" party.  Trust me, others will be glad you did and will stop dreading conversations with you.  This is not to say you shouldn't seek an occasional sympathetic ear or wise counsel from a valued source.  However, if you are going to ignore their advice and continue to rehearse the problem each time you converse, beware.  Thy listener shall soon become weary of thee!  Whenever you feel a complaint coming on, replace it with a statement of gratitude or a declaration of Scripture you have personalized.

Today's Affirmation:
Because God works all things together for my good, according to His purpose for my life, I will not complain.



No comments: