About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wow, God Wednesday {4}

"You know the great thing though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me."
- George- Life as a House

This movie quote is perfect to begin this week's "Wow God" post with.  As a stay-at-home mother/wife my life gradually grew into something amazing and terrifying simultaneously but I didn't even notice until it was.  I found that I'd changed so much of who I was that I no longer recognized myself.  I'd gotten everything in life that I've ever wanted -a house to make into a home, children to dote on, a loving & supportive husband.  I just never knew it would cost me my self.  Through the grace of God, He's shown me that that version of my self wasn't the best and He could make it better.  I've had friends praying for me, even when I wasn't praying for myself and God brought me out of a pit I wasn't even aware I was in.  He is the only reason... Wow, God!  Thank you!

2 comments:

The Path Traveled said...

We all seem to fall in our own pits and need a helping hand out. I fall backwards in mine a lot and crawl to get out more times than I can count.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that every wed . you find a wow God . i love reading them !!! thanks !!
db