About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am a loving wife to my Army-National-Guard-Recruiter-Husband of 15 years. I am a stay-at-home-mother to our four handsome sons. I am a photographer. My blog is about as erratic, eclectic and random as I am, painted with rainbows of photos and words that are hills and valleys you travel; so lovely sometimes that they hurt you. These are the stories of how far we've come in the last 15 years as Christians, as a family and as individuals.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Boasting Tongue {Day 7}


Day Seven - The Boasting Tongue
Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips - Proverbs 27:2

Are you so proud of your accomplishments or your possessions that you cannot help but boast about them?  Boasting implies that your good fortune is a result of your own efforts.  Have you forgotten that everything you have came from God?
We must learn to consciously take the backseat when pride screams for the front row.  Study the fate of proud men in the Bible.  Meditate on Scriptures that deal with humility and pride.  Take this Scripture for example:  Who makes you different from anyone else?  What do you have that you did not receive?  And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not? - 1 Corinthians 4:7
Whatever skills or talents God has given to you, they are for His glory.  Learn to take praise is stride.  If your popularity increases, don't be intoxicated by the accolades.  Remember that praise is like perfume.  If you consume it, it will kill you!

Today's Affirmation:
By the grace of God, I am what I am - 1 Corinthians 15:10



No comments: